Wednesday 22 March 2017

The 5 foot rule!

The Five Foot Rule...

One day when I was out with my son we got into an elevator. Mere seconds passed before I started chatting with the strangers inside. When they got out of the elevator my boy looked up at me and said, "Mommy, do you have to talk to everybody?!"
I thought for a minute and then I said, "You know honey, I do."

I call it the 5-foot rule. Anyone who gets within 5 feet of me has to talk to me. Whether it's in a restaurant, standing in line at the grocery store, in the pool, or on the airplane, it makes no difference to me. I truly like talking to people but it's also a key to success in real estate and in life.

When I was in grade 12 they had a career seminar at our school and the President of the real estate board was there.
My question for him was "how do you be a realtor and how do you get business?"
He said, "just ask everyone you know and everybody you meet if they want to buy or sell a house". So that's literally what I did! When I started out, I would go shopping and I would hand out my card to the teller, to the guy at the gas station, to everybody that I met.
Over here in Hawaii I strike up conversations continuously and I make new friends or I find people that want to buy real estate here and I refer them to other realtors. I can make money just by visiting with people! So stretch yourself this week and talk to some people that get within 5 feet of you. You never know who you might meet. You might find your new spouse, your new employee/employer, or just a new friend.
Have some fun with the
5-foot rule and I'd love to hear stories back of who you meet!


Do you like information like this? Follow us on Facebook!



Penny/Bryce Kander
Realty Executives Red Deer

No comments:

Post a Comment