Wednesday 26 December 2018

Do I really have to check my house when it’s vacant?

I just heard a sad story...
A family had their home for sale and it was vacant. They were not checking it as often as their insurance required. The waterline on the fridge sprung a leak and flooded the kitchen and into the basement. They were not covered by their insurance because they had not been checking regularly but also because I was told by my Insurance Agent that water damage is not covered in a vacant property. Its a good idea to check with your insurance company as to their rules. Whether a home is vacant or even if you are just away for a few days there are certain rules in place as to how often a property has to be checked and it varies with each policy. If your home is vacant its a good idea to put a piece of paper in the home and have whoever is checking it mark down the date and time it was checked. I also take a photo every time I go as they are date stamped in your phone so that will provide proof that you were checking.
#TeamKander
#DidYouKnow
#FollowTheRules
#ExpensiveLesson
#Insurance
#FloodsHappen

No comments:

Post a Comment