Wednesday 20 November 2019

HOW LOW CAN ALBERTA HOUSE PRICES GO? Everybody LIMBO!!

HOW LOW CAN ALBERTA HOUSE PRICES GO? Everybody LIMBO!!

My plan was to be able to pull out equity from my houses to purchase another legally suited property for 5% down but 5 out of 7 of my houses now have a loan-to-value ratio of 100%, meaning my mortgage balance is the same as the value of my house!
So NOW what?

I feel like we're doing the limbo. The last time I did the limbo, I tore my ACL! Central Alberta house prices have dropped over 20% in the last 4 years; about a 6% drop per year! 

Over the last 5 years of home ownership, I've just chased the mortgage down with the value of the house. The good news is that now I only have 20 years left on the mortgage that started at 25 years.
Even though I am not “making any money”, I am whittling down the term on the mortgage and in 20 years it will be paid off!
Even if it takes another 5 years, our “torn ACL" will recover and I will be 5 years closer to having my mortgage paid off!

For more real estate investment education, follow us at
https://www.facebook.com/teamkander/
Bryce/Penny Kander
Realty Executives Alberta Elite
403-896-9592

No comments:

Post a Comment