Tuesday 24 July 2018

Dear Younger Me... Buy more houses!

Dear Younger Me...
When we were in Winnipeg speaking to the Manitoba Real Estate Investment Association Bryce asked me the question,
"What's one thing that you would've done differently if you had life to do over again?"
I said, "I would have bought more houses".
This is a bit of a shocker to most people as I've purchased over 40 homes since I turned 18. I love my houses and never wanted to sell any of them. In fact, I just wanted to buy more but that wasn't possible. This is especially true now as the government and mortgage companies are making it very difficult to buy homes. They are putting larger restraints on the public thereby narrowing their options of ever buying a first home let alone also purchasing an investment property.
Having said that, if you can find a bank that will lend you money to buy a home, I would advise you to do that as soon as possible because if this trend continues, it may get to the point where you won't be able to qualify. Your kids could certainly be in a tough spot too.
I always say, "you need one house for you, one for each thousand dollars of income you'd like when you retire, and one house for each child". Therefore, if you already have a child and you already have a house maybe it's time to buy a second one.
Give us a call and we can help you make a plan to achieve your goals of home ownership.

P.S. What would you tell your younger self to do differently?

#StartYounger
#TeamKanderAdvantage.
#MakeAPlan

No comments:

Post a Comment