Wednesday 25 July 2018

The right lawyer can make all the difference!

Just as all realtors are not created equal, I also believe that not all lawyers are created equal. In our business dealings we use a really fantastic lawyer who is an expert in the field of real estate transactions. One time I was buying three half-duplexes and when I sat down with him to sign the papers all of a sudden he said, "nope we're not signing these". He got on the phone and called the mortgage company and said "the interest rates went down a quarter of a percent today so I want you to send new documents over right away with the new rate. We're not signing these". I sat there in shock thinking "oh dear, that's gonna blow the whole deal" but they sent over the new documents to sign as he requested. I sat down and figured out that I had just saved $5500 in interest over the term of that mortgage by having a lawyer who knew his stuff, was looking out for my best interests, and would make that phone call. Most lawyers would've just had me sign the papers and out the door I would've gone.
#TeamKanderConnections
#WorthHisWeightInGold
#ThanksDarrell

No comments:

Post a Comment